The hearing industry is abuzz with the latest news – Bose and Walgreens have jumped into the ring to be the newest hearing aid manufacturers. And while they are just starting to sell hearing aids to select states, their sales are online, and Walgreens is also selling in-stores.
Here is a brief run-down of their hearing aids:
Lexie Lumen Hearing Aids at Walgreens
*Will be available for sale in hundreds of Walgreens stores in Arizona, Colorado, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
Their Lexie hearing aid advertises:
- Directional hearing (microphones that amplify sounds while canceling out others).
- Adaptive noise reduction.
- Autofit technology (through an algorithm that customizes devices to a specific hearing profile).
- Telecoil technology that captures speech for speaking on the phone or when in public places.
- Crisp phone calls and crystal clear sound.
- Advanced battery power and easy to replace batteries.
- Sweat proof technology.
Lexie Lumen hearing aids are available for purchase in-store as well as on walgreens.com and Walgreens Find Care.
SoundControl™ Hearing Aids by Bose
*Currently available in Massachusetts, Montana, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas.
Bose SoundControl™ Hearing Aids are available for purchase online.
The SoundControl™ hearing aid advertises:
- Hearing enhancement for mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Clinically proven self-tuning, so the user can amplify the sounds they want to hear.
- A comfortable, discreet fit.
- Self-fit design.
- High-quality audio.
- Comprehensive world-class support.
- Replaceable batteries.
The SoundControl™ hearing aid also has a 90-day risk-free trial.
The Biggest Opportunities to Come from the Release of These Hearing Aids
- According to the Cochlear Center for Hearing and Public Health at Johns Hopkins University, 38 million Americans have a hearing loss significant enough to interfere with daily communication. Of those people, only 14% currently wear hearing aids. There are millions of people who could benefit from hearing aids, and when OTC hearing aids are finally hitting the market, you can be ready to sell hearing aids through your practice’s website. This is a huge opportunity to cast a wider net, engage patients early in their hearing health journey, and capture more revenue.
- It is no secret that most hearing aid users are 70 years of age and generally have a moderate or severe hearing impairment. This type of patient is typically not interested in navigating hearing aids alone and rely on the expertise of a hearing professional. This group may seek more affordable options (like those mentioned above) but they will not stray from the professional support that is required.
- Accessible delivery options such as telehealth and e-commerce offer easy usability for the more modern patient. They will be the ones who prefer unbundled practices and ask about hearing aids from big box retailers. Now this patient group will be technologically savvy but able to afford the new hearing aid releases. You can easily adapt and customize your business practices to accommodate this patient to capture their business by incorporating telehealth and e-commerce into your regular business practices.
How You Can Use OTC Hearing Aids To Your Benefit
Assess your Business Model
Do you bundle your services, or have you unbundled them? Yes, there are pros and cons for both options, but selling OTC hearing aids can be used as a gateway to higher technology.
Set Up an E-Commerce Store
You may think you still have time to prepare for over-the-counter hearing aids, but the reality is, companies are already selling hearing aids online. And while you may not be able to sell OTC hearing aids right this minute, you can sell hearing-related products and tools now. Plus, you will be ready for when you can sell OTC hearing aids when they are formally FDA-approved.
Boost Your Online Presence
If patients can’t find you, they can’t buy from you. By increasing your online visibility, you enable more patients to connect with your business, and not your competitors.
- Establish a Lead Funnel – SEO and PPC
- Make a Good Impression – Website
- Keep Them Engaged – Social Medial, Blogs, Continuous Management
And Audiology Plus has a ready-made e-commerce platform specifically for hearing care professionals who want to start selling products NOW.
With .Shop, you will open new revenue streams, serve more patients, and increase profitability. Schedule a demo today to see for yourself.
Add a Comment